Becoming an acupuncturist has been the natural evolution in Nanie’s professional development and approach to medicine. Her dedication to helping patients while practicing massage therapy in California led her to the study of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. She graduated from the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in San Francisco, known for its Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) style acupuncture and herbal studies. She is a Diplomat in Oriental Medicine certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). Nanie is also a member of the American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (AAAOM) and the Arizona Society of Oriental Medicine (AZSOMA). Nanie has recently joined the staff of the Arizona School of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine ASAOM where she supervises students in the school clinic on Monday afternoon.
Prior to studying TCM, Nanie practiced various forms of body work and founded a private practice in massage therapy in 1991. Being a complementary modality to TCM Nanie includes massage therapy as an adjunct modality in her current practice. Nanie is certified in Swedish Massage, Reiki, CranioSacral and Shiatsu.
- American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM), San Francisco, CA, 1999 – 2004: Master of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine (MSTCM).
- The Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO, 1978 – 1983: BA Southwest Studies
Certifications / License
- State of Arizona Board of Examiners, September 28, 2005 L.Ac. # 0465
- State of California Acupuncture Board, August 2, 2005 L.Ac. # 10336
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM): Diplomat in Oriental Medicine, August 2005 Certificate # 026136
- CranioSacral Therapy The Upledger Institute – level I 1997, Level II 1999
- Reiki – level 1 1993, level 2 1996
- Nationally Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, November 1994,
- Shiatsu, June 1994
- Certified Massage Therapist, San Jose, CA 1991